Monday, June 27, 2005

Wanted: anti-establishment Democrats

Isaac Goldstein of Frontier PAC hits the nail on the head:

The time is ripe for a Democratic takeover. The race to define oneself as a reformer and Washington outsider is likely the most important for the upcoming 2006 elections. ...

We've done it in the Mountain West. We've got to push this meme outside the geographical boundaries of the West. The reformer image is the way to go!
And who better to carry the "reformer and Washington outsider" mantle in the coming election than Governor Schweitzer? If you don't believe me, go flyfishing with the guy. (Thanks to Granny Insanity for the tip on this one.) Then try to get Evan Bayh or Mark Warner or Hillary Clinton or John Edwards to flyfish with you. Remember, flyfishing Democratic politicians tend to be reformers.

So the new standard for political authenticity isn't "who would you rather have a beer with?" It's "who would you rather go flyfishing with?"

4 Comments:

Anonymous Justin said...

Hi. Great site you've got here. I'm always on the look out for trout fishing info and sites to use and recommend and I have to say that yours is one of the better ones. Out of time, I'll post again soon.

February 20, 2006 9:30 PM  
Anonymous Zachary said...

Hi. Great site. I'm always looking for fly fishing info and sites to recommend to my visitors and I have to say that yours is one of the better ones. Out of time, I'll post again soon.
fly fishing

February 23, 2006 9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. Just looking for some good fly patterns for still water lakes. Any comments?
fly tying

February 23, 2006 10:03 PM  
Anonymous Damien said...

Hi. Found your site by searching for fly fishing. I was wondering if anyone else has come accross this site - fly fishing. I believe it's new and I'm looking for recommendations before I make any judgements.

March 07, 2006 2:22 AM  

Post a Comment